Main meals cost a maximum of £2.50 & are served with a free hot vegetable or salad. Also served daily a wide range of Sandwiches, Panini’s, Jacket Potatoes. The action station is open serving 2 choices of Pasta including a vegetarian option daily.
** We are a nut free school
**Menu may vary due to deliveries
The school operates a cashless payment system for all food and drink purchases, using biometric fingerprint technology for security. You can use our Parent Pay facility to make payments online. Please consider using this system where possible for your convenience. Alternatively cash or cheques (Payable to St Benedict’s School) can be put in an envelope, clearly marked with the child’s name and form on it and deposited in a secure box in the school foyer.
Where our ingredients come from
- Our minced beef is organic and comes from Lower Hurst Organic Farm in Derbyshire.
- Chicken is ‘Red Tractor’ farm assured and RSPCA Freedom Foods accredited.
- Our gold medal winning sausages are made in Welshpool by John Langford’s Butchers from farm assured pork.
- The eggs we use in our own recipes are free range and come from farms in Leicestershire
- We source all our fruit and vegetables from our local green grocer in Alcester to minimise fuel emissions from long haul transportation and help support UK producers.
- Potatoes and bread are sourced within the UK.
- We use yoghurts from the Muller dairy in Shropshire.
- The icing sugar, drinking chocolate, orange juice and coffee we use is FAIRTRADE
Frequently asked questions
Q. How much money do I need to buy lunch?
A. £3.50 per day is sufficient, or £4.00 to £4.50 if you wish to purchase a snack at break time as well. Prices are clearly displayed at food counters. Our main courses are £2.50 and include salad or vegetables, and potato, rice or pasta. A popular range of paninis, baguettes, sandwiches and filled rolls start at £1.75 and chilled drinks for as little as 50p. Our menus really are great value for money.
At breakfast, hot buttered toast costs 35p, fruit juice 50p, and a hot drink only 65p. At morning break we offer a range of hot savoury snacks, sandwiches, bakery items, fresh fruit and soft drinks for sale. Prices start at 80p per item. Food can be purchased at break to eat at lunchtime or later in the day after a sporting or club activity.
Q. Can my child bring a packed lunch?
A. Yes, of course, but it is a rule of the school that all food is consumed in the school dining hall. Since sweets, crisps and fizzy drinks are not sold on the premises, the school merely requests that children only bring healthy options into school.
Q. How do I find out if my child is entitled to Free School Meals (FSM)?
A. It is being made easier for parents and carers who receive certain benefits to claim for free meals. Families are being urged to apply immediately to their local authority, as the school will also receive extra financial support towards your child’s education, trips and activities. Our biometric, cashless system guarantees that your child will not stand out in the crowd and details of children on our FSM list is kept strictly confidential. The entitlement for FSM is £2.85 per day. The allowance is worth £540 a year.
Warwickshire residents online: www.warwickshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
Worcestershire residents email: email@example.com
For more information please contact our Catering Manager, Anita Hellyer or email firstname.lastname@example.org