Our Governing Body are a committed group of volunteers whose aims are to ensure the highest standards of achievement for all students by:
- Ensuring the good conduct and high standards of educational achievement in the school.
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent including the expenditure of the pupil premium allocation.
There are 4 main types of Governor, described below:
Foundation: are appointed by the Diocese and form the majority of the Governors of the school. They have a legal duty to preserve and develop the Catholic character of the school and to ensure the school is conducted in accordance with the Scheme of Delegation.
Staff: representatives of the staff community within the school. Also includes the Headteacher of the school.
Parent: nominated by parents of the students who attend the school.
Co-opted: appointed by the Governing Body who has the skills required to contribute to the effective governance and success of the school.
- Victoria Dawes (Chair)
- Stephanie McVeigh (Vice Chair)
- Victoria Rouse
- Adriana Ebanks
- Angela Garland
- Lucille Fensom
- Jacob Buckley
- Jon Shires (Headteacher)
- Tina Sylvester
- Roger Harrison
- Neil Rosiak
- Tont Lowe
- Lorraine Barnes (WCC Governor Services)